Question/Dataset
ailar sekhavatian
2010-09-03 07:04:44 UTC
Hello Dear Sir/Madam

I’m a M.Sc student of Information Technology, and my thesis is about:
“Application of Recommender Systems in E-learning Environment”.

I proposed a new model, and I want to use weka data mining tool, but I
don’t have any dataset from learners to test my proposed model, so I
just want to know could you please guide me how can I find a set of
related data?
Could you please give me a part of your dataset? specially dataset of
students, to predict their behavior.
Thanks for your consideration in advance.

Best regards
Ailar Sekhavatian
Nidhi Chopra
2010-09-03 11:15:05 UTC
Dear friend,

Kindly use PSLC DataShop.

Regards,
Nidhi

Hello Dear Sir/Madam
Ailar Sekhavatian
shaeela ayesha
2010-09-06 06:13:56 UTC
Ailar Sekhavatian

It is simple to get data set of students of a particular Department/ Institute you can get information from institutation's head after you discribe about ur proposed model. If any factor missing then U can conduct survey for students to know about that factor.
I think most of ur problem will be solved.

U can ask for any further informatom in this regards.

Thanks
Ayesha

Ailar Sekhavatian
Michalski, Greg
2010-09-07 12:15:40 UTC
Ailar,
Will you mine from a flat file? What variables did you have in mind? Can you describe what your ideal dataset would look like (cases/rows and variables/columns).
Thanks,
Greg Michalski, Ph.D., PMP
Dir. Student Analytics, FL State College

Ailar Sekhavatian
Kavitha Rajamani
2010-09-15 04:30:50 UTC
hi

you can go through the site of NCES ( National Center for Education
Statistics). See whether it is having data suitable for your work.

May success come for you in your proposed work.